Preston Park House,
Contact Name: Peter Hedgethorne
About the Firm
Our clients all have one thing in common: a desire to be the best they can be.
Clients of Plus Accounting want more than just their accounts: they want guidance, advice and a range of products and services to make their busy lives easier – so that is what we deliver.
We look beyond the production of the historic figures and into what your current numbers and trends really mean.
Meet our team
Our mission is simple: to go Beyond Accounts and help your business grow.
Whatever it takes and however you need us, we will be there by your side to help you achieve your goals and realise your potential.
Our vision is to break the mould of traditional accounting and deliver a service that we know our clients really want.
Our values avoid the platitudes and guide us towards providing a service that is truly Beyond Accounts.
Accessible - always within reach when you need us
In touch - permanently connected with the needs and progress of your business
Decisive – not sitting on the fence, there by your side to help your business grow
Alert - looking out for the financial opportunities and warning signs while you develop and run your business.
Established in 1992, we have the experience you need, without the self-limiting mindset that can come with years of dusty heritage. We have the professionalism and stability that you demand of an accountant, combined with the spontaneous edge of an entrepreneur.
Selling or exiting: How to value and sell your business?
Join us on 26 November for our Workshop 'Selling or exiting: How to value your business?
Are you thinking of selling your business or exiting due to retirement?
Now is your chance to talk with the experts and understand how to value your business.
Rupert Rawcliffe, Founder of SRC Corporate Finance, an award winning advisor and highly commercial dealmaker will set the M&A scene and focus on how to maximise opportunities for those looking towards an exit.
• Is your business fit for sale - what do buyers look for?
• What is the process and how do you find a buyer?
• What is the value of your business and how can you maximise it?
• Alternatives to selling?
• How is Brexit or a possible change in government influencing the market?
• Top tips on how to prepare your business for sale
Paul Feist, Managing Director of Plus Accounting. He is responsible for overseeing the accounting, tax and advisory services provided to many of the firm’s largest clients, covering a diversified range of businesses.
• Taxation issues and planning strategies including Entrepreneur's Relief
Karen Lord, Corporate Partner at Healys LLP has 20 years of experience working closely with business owners and will give attendees an insight into the legal side of:
• Getting your business ready for sale
• The sale process
Anthony McGaw is an experienced senior executive and entrepreneur. Anthony was a co-founder of Babel Media, the first dedicated outsource service company to the games industry, taking the company from a three-man start-up to a successful exit in 2008. Subsequently, he became an investor and non-exec director in Liquid Violet (a games dialogue production facility which was successfully sold in 2013). Anthony now runs a small games development studio and a consultancy firm, AOB, helping founders to scale their business.
A tale of two exits - a personal account of taking two companies from start-up through to successful sale
• Building our businesses
• The exit strategy
• How much are we worth!?!
• Preparing to put yourself 'up for sale'
• A word about advisors
• Hurdles, issues and time sinks
• The aftermath - earn-outs, becoming an employee and when to move on
• 8.45am – Arrival
• 9.00am to 10.15am – Session 1 (Rupert Rawcliffe & Paul Feist)
• 10.15am to 10.30am – Break
• 10.30am to 11.45am – Session 2 (Karen Lord & Anthony McGaw)
• 11.45am to 12pm - Q&A Panel / Finish
The Workshop is aimed at Directors, Business Owners and Finance Managers who are considering how to maximise the wealth they have created. The Workshop gives you the chance to discuss your views, opinions and questions with our expert speakers and with each other.
The Workshop will be held at MyHotel on Jubilee Street, Brighton on Tuesday 26 November. Light refreshments will be available.
Self Assessment & Personal Tax Surgery
Plus Accounting are offering free 45 minute advice sessions.
These sessions are aimed at those who need to complete self-assessment tax returns and may be of interest to you if any of the following apply:
- You are a company director
- You are self-employed
- You have an annual income of more than £100,000 per year
- You or your partner claim child benefit and either one of you have income of more than £50,000 per year
- You have a buy to let property
- You have a mortgage on the buy to let property and the impact the restriction on your mortgage interest for the 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21 tax years will have on you.
- You need advice on capital gains tax
- You have lived or worked overseas and have moved back to the UK or you are planning on leaving the UK to move overseas
- You need income tax advice on personal investment income (bank interest or dividend income)
We are holding a one day Personal Tax Surgery at Preston Park House on Friday 6 December between 9.00am and 4.45pm.
These sessions are open to everyone and if you have a friend, family member or colleague that you think would benefit from one of these, please pass on our details.
If you or someone you know would like to arrange a session with us, please book today.
This is offered free of charge, without obligation and in complete confidence.
What's up with WhatsApp?
Join us on 21 May for our workshop 'What's up with WhatsApp' with Loch Employment Law
What’s up with WhatsApp?
Modern technology is changing the way we communicate, bringing with it new challenges and opportunities for HR Managers and business owners to think about. Join us as we take a look at how modern social media channels like WhatsApp and LinkedIn are impacting the workplace, and what you should be doing to protect your business.
We'll take a look at some of the risks you need to be aware of and what you can do to avoid them including;
- the issues around ownership of accounts and data
- the risks and liability associated with bullying, harassment and discrimination
- the potential for breach of contracts and confidentiality
This workshop will be run by Alex Kiernan, a Partner at Loch Engagement Law. Alex is an expert employment lawyer and advises on a wide range of employment issues and represents clients at Employment Tribunals.
Join us as we look at the steps you can take to protect your business in the modern social media world.
The workshop gives you the chance to share your experiences of social media in the workplace and ask questions of our expert speaker and each other.
The workshop will be held at MyHotel on Jubilee Street, Brighton on Tuesday 21 May - please join us from 9.00am for light refreshments and we will begin the Workshop at 9.15am.
Reviews Write a Review