Preston Park House,
Contact Name: Peter Hedgethorne
About the Firm
Our clients all have one thing in common: a desire to be the best they can be.
Clients of Plus Accounting want more than just their accounts: they want guidance, advice and a range of products and services to make their busy lives easier – so that is what we deliver.
We look beyond the production of the historic figures and into what your current numbers and trends really mean.
Meet our team
Our mission is simple: to go Beyond Accounts and help your business grow.
Whatever it takes and however you need us, we will be there by your side to help you achieve your goals and realise your potential.
Our vision is to break the mould of traditional accounting and deliver a service that we know our clients really want.
Our values avoid the platitudes and guide us towards providing a service that is truly Beyond Accounts.
Accessible - always within reach when you need us
In touch - permanently connected with the needs and progress of your business
Decisive – not sitting on the fence, there by your side to help your business grow
Alert - looking out for the financial opportunities and warning signs while you develop and run your business.
Established in 1992, we have the experience you need, without the self-limiting mindset that can come with years of dusty heritage. We have the professionalism and stability that you demand of an accountant, combined with the spontaneous edge of an entrepreneur.
Creative Industries; Apps and R&D - all you need to know
Join us on 25 September at our Workshop 'Creative Industries; Apps and R&D - all you need to know'.
Research and Development is a valuable tool for growing and improving your business. R&D involves researching your market and your customer needs and developing new and improved products and services to fit these needs.
But what does this mean for your business and how can you qualify for R&D tax relief?
Ed Hickey and Chris Palk, Directors at DabApps will be taking you through their experiences and explaining how an App can change your business...
This Workshop provides an opportunity for business owners to get up to date on the latest creative industry tax reliefs and understand how an App can help you achieve business growth.
We will be covering the following topics in the Workshop;
- What is R&D?
- What other creative reliefs are available?
- How do you qualify for these reliefs?
- Why does your business need an App?
- How can having an App benefit your business?
- How to write a brief - what you need?
- Thinking outside the box...time to be creative!
The Workshop is aimed at company directors and owners and will provide you with an opportunity to discuss your views, opinions and questions with the speakers and each other.
The Workshop will be held at MyHotel on Jubilee Street, Brighton on Tuesday 25 September - please join us from 9.00am for light refreshments and we will begin the Workshop at 9.15am.
Self Assessment & Personal Tax Surgery
Plus Accounting are offering free 45 minute advice sessions.
These sessions are aimed at those who need to complete self-assessment tax returns and may be of interest to you if any of the following apply:
- You are a company director
- You are self-employed
- You have an annual income of more than £100,000 per year
- You or your partner claim child benefit and either one of you have income of more than £50,000 per year
- You have a buy to let property
- You have a mortgage on the buy to let property and the impact the restriction on your mortgage interest for the 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20 and 2020/21 tax years will have on you.
- You need advice on capital gains tax
- You have lived or worked overseas and have moved back to the UK or you are planning on leaving the UK to move overseas
- You need income tax advice on personal investment income (bank interest or dividend income)
We are holding a one day Personal Tax Surgery at Preston Park House on Friday 5 October between 9.00am and 4.45pm.
These sessions are open to everyone and if you have a friend, family member or colleague that you think would benefit from one of these, please pass on our details.
If you or someone you know would like to arrange a session with us, please book today.
This is offered free of charge, without obligation and in complete confidence.
Selling or exiting: How to value your business?
Join us on 27 November for our Workshop 'Selling or exiting: How to value your business?
Are you thinking of selling your business or are you thinking of exiting your business due to retirement?
Now is your chance to talk with the experts and understand how to value your business.
- Is your business fit for sale - what do buyers look for?
- What is the process and how do you find a buyer?
- What is the value of your business and how can you maximise it?
- How do you get what you are offered and what is the legal process to completion?
- Alternative to sale?
- Taxation issues and planning strategies including Entrpreneur's Relief
- How is Brexit or a possible change in government influencing the market?
- Top tips on how to prepare your business for sale
- How to create IP value from your systems and processes.
Rupert Rawcliffe from SRC Corporate Finance, Grace Lawless from Veriteam and Paul Feist from Plus Accounting will be taking you through the above discussion points.
Rupert Rawcliffe, founder of SRC Corporate Finance, an award winning advisor and highly commercial dealmaker. Rupert will set the M&A scene and will focus on how to maximise opportunities for those looking towards an exit. He looks forward to sharing his 20 plus year experience with practical examples and useful pointers.
Grace Lawless, founder of Veriteam, a consultancy specialising in optimising business efficiency and profitability. Grace will share some tips on how to prepare for sale in order to achieve the maximum worth for your business. This will include advice on extracting yourself so that the company is robust enough to continue once sold along with creating IP value from your systems and processes.
The Workshop is aimed at Directors, Business Owners and Finance Managers who are considering how to maximise the wealth they have created.
The Workshop gives you the chance to discuss your views, opinions and questions with our expert speakers and with each other.
The Workshop will be held at MyHotel on Jubilee Street, Brighton on Tuesday 27 November - please join us from 9.00am for light refreshments and we will begin the Workshop at 9.15am.
Reviews Write a Review